Welcome to NZCPR.comWelcome to the NZCPR.com website! We hope you find value in our public policy research and commentary. We do not shy away from the tough issues but speak out where ever strong voices are needed. Our firm belief is that informed citizens are at the heart of a well-functioning democracy.
Select Committees invite your input:
- Taxation (Annual Rates for 2023-24, Multinational Tax, and Remedial Matters) Bill
- Taxation Principles Reporting Bill
- Land Transport (Road Safety) Amendment Bill
- Social Workers Registration Legislation Amendment Bill
- Inquiry into seabed mining in New Zealand
- Integrity Sport and Recreation Bill
- Resale Right for Visual Artists Bill
- Child Support (Pass On) Acts Amendment Bill
- Land Transport Management (Regulation of Public Transport) Amendment Bill
- Severe Weather Emergency Recovery Legislation Bill
- Immigration (Mass Arrivals) Amendment Bill
- Education and Training Amendment Bill (No 3)
- Regulatory Systems (Education) Amendment Bill
- International Treaty Examination on the Framework Agreement on the establishment of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)
- St Peter's Parish Endowment Fund Trust Bill
- Māori Fisheries Amendment Bill
- New Zealand Superannuation and Retirement Income (Controlling Interests) Amendment Bill
- Declaration of inconsistency: Voting age in the Electoral Act 1993 and the Local Electoral Act 2001
- Climate Change Response (Late Payment Penalties and Industrial Allocation) Amendment Bill
- International Treaty Examination of the Side Letter to the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) to exclude Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) between New Zealand and Chile
Live News Feeds (Herald)
- Warriors pitch invaders: Paul Gallen slams Napier crowd’s antics - ‘the NRL can’t let more games go there’
- The Premium Debate: Street racers - mum of injured teen speaks out after police make arrests, impound cars
- Two youths arrested following Hamilton ram raid burglary
- Operation Elusive: 10kg of meth and $500,000 in cash seized
- National leader Christopher Luxon’s big housing promises - council to face increased pressure
- Councillor Jamie Arbuckle throws hat back in the ring for New Zealand First
- Wahine Māori appointed chief executive of Te Kura correspondence school
- Police respond to reports of firearm at Rangiora address
- Person dies after suffering 'medical event' while paddling waka
- National announces housing growth election policy
Category: Social Issues
Labour employs an army of public relations advisors and communications experts. So, it’s really no surprise to find that contrary to Labour’s record of abject failure in virtually every area of governance, a narrative of success and sound economic management is being run.
The Politics of Division
What happened to Posie Parker was a disgrace. The inflammatory comments by Ministers of the Crown, the false reporting by the media, the Police failing to protect a vulnerable woman in extreme danger, verged on State-sanctioned activism.
The War on Woke
Labour is the champion of woke. Under the watch of our new Prime Minister, New Zealand has been transformed into ‘woke’ society where anyone questioning any aspect of the Government’s social justice agenda is treated as an enemy and cancelled.
New Zealand Turns Sinister
While Stuff may think it’s acceptable for their journalists to harass and bully members of the public, it certainly is not acceptable behaviour in the UK, where newspaper editors are expected to adhere to an ‘Editor’s Code of Practice’, which protects the public against aggressive and intimidating journalists.
The Biggest Bully
The dictatorial way Jacinda Ardern has governed our nation, destroying lives and livelihoods, undermining our democracy and crushing those who stand in her way, is testimony to a ruthlessness that her “be kind” mantra attempts to disguise.
Ruling Out Race-based Social Revolution
Regrettably, in today’s New Zealand there are people who, putting racism under new management and rejecting equality before the law, advance race-based co-governance as a serious proposition for New Zealand’s future. Now, public health, drinking water, sewage, storm water, local body governance, aspects of resource management and so on. Tomorrow, who knows?
A Changing of the Guard
Both Boris Johnson and Jacinda Ardern have suffered a loss of public trust and confidence in their leadership. For the former British Prime Minister, it was largely the result of a series of missteps, while for our ideologically-driven Prime Minister, government incompetence is largely to blame.
The Ardern Government’s response to the Covid pandemic has been unprecedented in the history of our country and the harm inflicted is of unparalleled proportions. It’s simply not good enough that those who have been negatively impacted are just ignored and forgotten. They are victims of Government action, and their concerns should be heard.
COVID-19 Boosters and Rising Excess Mortality in New Zealand
Overseas health professionals have called for booster vaccinations to be discontinued for safety reasons. A comprehensive cost-benefit analysis of the COVID-19 booster rollout should be conducted: Given that over 2.5 million booster doses have been administered, this amounts to over 400 excess deaths.
Time for Change
The ideological call for “diversity” - embraced by the Public Service’s supposedly politically neutral agencies - is now undermining the traditional objective of hiring ‘the best person for the job’, which has long been the foundation of human progress.