Welcome to NZCPR.comWelcome to the NZCPR.com website! We hope you find value in our public policy research and commentary. We do not shy away from the tough issues but speak out where ever strong voices are needed. Our firm belief is that informed citizens are at the heart of a well-functioning democracy.
Select Committees invite your input:
- Local Government (Pecuniary Interests Register) Amendment Bill
- Land Transport (Clean Vehicles) Amendment Bill
- Inquiry into school attendance
- Conversion Practices Prohibition Legislation Bill
- Inquiry into Supplementary Order Paper 59 on the Births, Deaths, Marriages and Relationships Registration Bill
- Education and Training (Teaching Council Fees and Costs) Amendment Bill
- Hazardous Substances and New Organisms (Hazardous Substances Assessments) Amendment Bill
- Inquiry into the future of the workforce needs in the primary industries of New Zealand
- Inquiry into illegal, unregulated, and unreported fishing
- Inquiry into the current and future nature, impact, and risks of cryptocurrencies
- Maori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement Amendment Bill
- Maritime Powers Bill
- Ngāti Maru (Taranaki) Claims Settlement Bill
- Crown Minerals (Decommissioning and Other Matters) Amendment Bill
- Holidays (Parent-Teacher Interview Leave) Amendment Bill
- Inquiry on the Natural and Built Environments Bill: Parliamentary Paper
- Biosecurity (Information for Incoming Passengers) Amendment Bill
- Ngāti Rangitihi Claims Settlement Bill
- Inquiry into the Review of the Radio New Zealand Charter
- Construction Contracts (Retention Money) Amendment Bill
- Auckland Council Cannot Let Local Ratepayers Subsidise Northland’s Water
- Interest Deductibility Changes Highlight Government’s Lack Of Ambition
- Hear From Us, Not About Us: “There Are No Excuses To Not Listen To Us Now “
- Controller Update: September 2021
- No Prospect[u]s: NZUSA, TEU And TEAGA Launch Precarious Academic Work Survey
Live News Feeds (Herald)
- Police searching for missing Hamilton schoolgirl
- Covid 19 Delta outbreak: Investigation after police officer allegedly breached Auckland's border for funeral
- Covid 19 Delta outbreak: Teen essential worker turned away for tumour scan due to work exposure event
- South Waikato deputy mayor Bill Machen admits wrongdoing after 'racist' comments to councillor
- Covid 19 Delta Outbreak: Auckland GPs turn detective to debunk Covid myths
- More than 31,000 Kiwis queue for MIQ vouchers, 6000 secure spots
- Police officer allegedly breached Auckland border control for funeral
- 'Excited as hell, but bittersweet': Some secure MIQ spots as tens of thousands miss out in second round of virtual lobby
- Hamilton police search for missing 8-year-old
- Covid-19 NZ: Vaccinations are hitting a wall and the Government needed a plan for this yesterday
Category: Social Issues
A free and independent press is a critically important foundation to any democracy. Without it, governments can go unchecked and the rule of law will suffer. One only has to see the events in Hong Kong over the last two years to see the impact on a society where the influence of the press has been extinguished.
It is now clear that the Government has staked its political future on the Pfizer vaccine strategy, which requires near universal vaccination and regular booster doses.
The apparent kindness of locking down to limit Covid-19 deaths will, instead, be killing more people by making us poorer - lockdowns are one of our greatest peacetime policy failures.
The Level 4 lockdown imposed on March 25 2020 in New Zealand was the world’s most restrictive set of closure and containment policies at the time.
Prime Minister Ardern has no mandate to assume the Crown is in an equal partnership with Maori that gives tribes a 50 percent interest in our resources and the decision-making powers.
Poor outcomes are given as concrete and conclusive evidence. This is simply not the case for most Māori. Their living standards have improved enormously, as has equality of opportunity.
As the firestorm over the professors’ letter shows, New Zealand science is indeed being engulfed by the post-modern mantra that there is no such thing as objective truth. And it is also clear that anyone who dissents must be silenced
If New Zealand continues down the present path set out by Jacinda Ardern, New Zealand will increasingly become an apartheid nation, where race determines our future – and those claiming Maori heritage are given superior rights over everyone else.
The 1981 Springbok Tour was to have a major impact on my life. At first it seemed the tour handed me a golden chalice. But, as time passed by, I found that chalice to be filled with poison. From famous to infamous. From revered to reviled. The vicissitudes of life.
On election night, Jacinda Ardern promised she would govern for “all New Zealanders”. It is unacceptable that she has allowed the racial extremism of her Maori Caucus to dominate the Labour Party. It’s time the moderates within Labour took back control since mainstream New Zealanders are horrified by the separatism and division.