Welcome to NZCPR.comWelcome to the NZCPR.com website! We hope you find value in our public policy research and commentary. We do not shy away from the tough issues but speak out where ever strong voices are needed. Our firm belief is that informed citizens are at the heart of a well-functioning democracy.
Select Committees invite your input:
- Immigration (COVID-19 Response) Amendment Bill
- Harmful Digital Communications (Unauthorised Posting of Intimate Visual Recording) Amendment Bill
- Incorporated Societies Bill
- Mental Health (Compulsory Assessment and Treatment) Amendment Bill
- Social Security (Subsequent Child Policy Removal) Amendment Bill
- Land Transport (Drug Driving) Amendment Bill
- Inquiry into congestion pricing in Auckland
- Lawyers and Conveyancers (Employed Lawyers Providing Free Legal Services) Amendment Bill
- Contraception, Sterilisation, and Abortion (Safe Areas) Amendment Bill
- Unit Titles (Strengthening Body Corporate Governance and Other Matters) Amendment Bill
- Commerce Amendment Bill
- Girl Guides Association (New Zealand Branch) Incorporation Amendment Bill
- Moriori Claims Settlement Bill
- International treaty examination of the Protocol to Upgrade the Free Trade Agreement between New Zealand and the People’s Republic of China
- Inquiry into the 2020 General Election and Referendums
- Films, Videos, and Publications Classification (Urgent Interim Classification of Publications and Prevention of Online Harm) Amendment Bill
- Local Electoral (Māori Wards and Māori Constituencies) Amendment Bill
- Climate Change Response (Auction Price) Amendment Bill
- Budget Policy Statement 2021
- Social Security (Financial Assistance for Caregivers) Amendment Bill
Live News Feeds (Herald)
- Mt Eden bones in backyard: Auckland human remains of David Hart officially a homicide investigation
- Herald morning quiz: April 11
- Prince Philip death: Fifty years of New Zealand royal visits
- One person in a critical condition after a crash in South Auckland
- Political Roundup: Rumours of Collins being rolled by Luxon and Bridges
Category: Social Issues
Without any mandate from New Zealanders, the Ardern Government has decided to turn this symbolic Indigenous Rights Declaration into an action plan for our country. Her ultimate goal is to elevate Maori tribal leaders to the status of a ruling aristocracy. Representing 15 percent of the population, they will exercise 50 percent of the Government’s decision-making power and control the vast economic resources that would accompany such a role.
The Maori Sovereignty Movement wants to reclaim control of New Zealand through biculturalism, return all land to Maori, impose Maori culture onto the country, ensure the Maori language dominates, and redesign the country’s institutions to prioritise Maori.
This misguide belief that the Treaty did create a partnership of governance, has been weaponised. It is no longer just a tool of convenience for self-proclaimed “influencers” but a dangerous weapon in the hands of “wannabe” politicians who seek to chart our future.
It’s not colonisation and racism that is holding back disadvantaged Maori families, but tribalism and the failed ideology of Cultural Marxism...
In this paper, I propose a new model. It states that people from hunting and gathering societies have had a harder time adjusting to industrial society, than people from societies with a long history of urbanism...
New Zealand’s child abuse problem is largely due to the incentives in public policy that encourage children to be born into homes that do not provide them with the stability of two loving parents. Changing those incentives should be the Government’s top priority...
There is something genuinely nauseating about the witch hunt that removed Grainne Moss from the head of this state entity. Naida Glavish salivating on TV about her exit; the sight of those middle-class Maori Dames fulminating against a Pakeha trying to do the right thing...
On behalf of the New Zealand Centre for Political Research I would like to thank you for your wonderful interest and support over the last 12 months - and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!
This result is a bombshell. Essentially it means the huge sacrifices New Zealanders made during the lockdown had little impact on the virus because it was imposed after our infections had peaked - Labour’s response was too late!
There are at least two grounds for concern about the New Zealand strategy. First, the people making decisions are the same ones who botched the preparation for the arrival of Covid-19 and so there is little reason to have faith in the wisdom of their choices...