Welcome to NZCPR.comWelcome to the NZCPR.com website! We hope you find value in our public policy research and commentary. We do not shy away from the tough issues but speak out where ever strong voices are needed. Our firm belief is that informed citizens are at the heart of a well-functioning democracy.
Select Committees invite your input:
- Dairy Industry Restructuring (Fonterra Capital Restructuring) Amendment Bill
- Taxation (Annual Rates for 2022-23, Platform Economy, and Remedial Matters) Bill (No 2)
- Increased Penalties for Breach of Biosecurity Bill
- Electoral Amendment Bill
- Aotearoa New Zealand Public Media Bill
- Self-contained Motor Vehicles Legislation Bill
- Coroners Amendment Bill
- Accessibility for New Zealanders Bill
- Smokefree Environments and Regulated Products (Smoked Tobacco) Amendment Bill
- Inquiry into the future of inter-regional passenger rail in New Zealand
- Local Government Electoral Legislation Bill
- Child Protection (Child Sex Offender Government Agency Registration) (Overseas Travel Reporting) Amendment Bill
- Family Court (Family Court Associates) Legislation Bill
- Foreign Affairs (Consular Loans) Amendment Bill
- United Kingdom Free Trade Agreement Legislation Bill
- International treaty examination between NZ and the European Union on the Exchange of Personal Data between Europol and the Authorities of NZ Competent for Fighting Serious Crime and Terrorism
- International treaty examination of the Revisions to the Radio Regulations adopted by the Final Acts of the World Radiocommunication Conference 2019
- Electoral (Māori Electoral Option) Legislation Bill
- Water Services Entities Bill
- Forests (Legal Harvest Assurance) Amendment Bill
- SAFE Publishes Open Letter Calling For An End To The Killing Of Pregnant Cows
- NZCTU Calls For Clarity On How National’s Housing Promise Will Be Paid For
- Vodafone Warriors And Best Foods Tackle Food Waste
- Consultants Make A Fortune Out Of Timaru Ratepayers
- Hutt City Residents Unsatisfied With Council Services
Live News Feeds (Herald)
- Dad's heart-touching tribute after 10-year-old son dies in tree-climbing accident in Northland
- Wheki Valley community supports devastated family after 'horrible accident'
- Armed police block roads after multiple police cars hit by car in Taupo
- Auckland mayoralty: Social media post with claimed affiliation to Wayne Brown removed for breaching electoral law
- Some rental property agencies collecting unnecessary, potentially illegal information from applicants
- Christchurch's mayoral contenders outline how they want to keep rates low
- Minister asks police to explain false stolen car listing, during search which sparked Northland's Covid-19 lockdown
- Hope 'magic mushrooms' could help treat Kiwis with severe depression
- Niwa must pay 'diligent and loyal' ex-employee $35k after 13-year harassment case
- Christchurch Casino to bypass NZ rules by launching online gambling platform in Malta
Category: Social Issues
While Stuff may think it’s acceptable for their journalists to harass and bully members of the public, it certainly is not acceptable behaviour in the UK, where newspaper editors are expected to adhere to an ‘Editor’s Code of Practice’, which protects the public against aggressive and intimidating journalists.
The dictatorial way Jacinda Ardern has governed our nation, destroying lives and livelihoods, undermining our democracy and crushing those who stand in her way, is testimony to a ruthlessness that her “be kind” mantra attempts to disguise.
Regrettably, in today’s New Zealand there are people who, putting racism under new management and rejecting equality before the law, advance race-based co-governance as a serious proposition for New Zealand’s future. Now, public health, drinking water, sewage, storm water, local body governance, aspects of resource management and so on. Tomorrow, who knows?
Both Boris Johnson and Jacinda Ardern have suffered a loss of public trust and confidence in their leadership. For the former British Prime Minister, it was largely the result of a series of missteps, while for our ideologically-driven Prime Minister, government incompetence is largely to blame.
The Ardern Government’s response to the Covid pandemic has been unprecedented in the history of our country and the harm inflicted is of unparalleled proportions. It’s simply not good enough that those who have been negatively impacted are just ignored and forgotten. They are victims of Government action, and their concerns should be heard.
Overseas health professionals have called for booster vaccinations to be discontinued for safety reasons. A comprehensive cost-benefit analysis of the COVID-19 booster rollout should be conducted: Given that over 2.5 million booster doses have been administered, this amounts to over 400 excess deaths.
The ideological call for “diversity” - embraced by the Public Service’s supposedly politically neutral agencies - is now undermining the traditional objective of hiring ‘the best person for the job’, which has long been the foundation of human progress.
One crusade pursued by the Ministry for Women, using tax-payer resources, was to get more women on corporate boards. This is part of a global movement that has seen the introduction of quotas introduced in some nations.
Increasingly it feels there is nowhere to turn for the truth. All too often, mainstream media are seen as puppets on a string. ‘Influencers’ are being paid by central government to push its narrative. So-called ‘independent’ experts are given ‘favoured person’ status and showered with attention they wouldn’t otherwise enjoy. And social media giants - born out of the desire for free speech - are coming under increasing pressure to back government narratives.
If Labour continues to enact the Kiro Advisory Group’s recommendations to increase the value of benefits and remove sanctions, the dependency trap will grow deeper and become more and more dangerous for children.