Welcome to NZCPR.comWelcome to the NZCPR.com website! We hope you find value in our public policy research and commentary. We do not shy away from the tough issues but speak out where ever strong voices are needed. Our firm belief is that informed citizens are at the heart of a well-functioning democracy.
Select Committees invite your input:
- Deposit Takers Bill
- Criminal Activity Intervention Legislation Bill
- Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Amendment Bill
- Charities Amendment Bill
- Inquiry into the future of inter-regional passenger rail in New Zealand
- Fire and Emergency New Zealand (Levy) Amendment Bill
- Dairy Industry Restructuring (Fonterra Capital Restructuring) Amendment Bill
- Taxation (Annual Rates for 2022-23, Platform Economy, and Remedial Matters) Bill (No 2)
- Increased Penalties for Breach of Biosecurity Bill
- Electoral Amendment Bill
- Self-contained Motor Vehicles Legislation Bill
- Coroners Amendment Bill
- Accessibility for New Zealanders Bill
- Smokefree Environments and Regulated Products (Smoked Tobacco) Amendment Bill
- Local Government Electoral Legislation Bill
- Child Protection (Child Sex Offender Government Agency Registration) (Overseas Travel Reporting) Amendment Bill
- Family Court (Family Court Associates) Legislation Bill
- Foreign Affairs (Consular Loans) Amendment Bill
- United Kingdom Free Trade Agreement Legislation Bill
- International treaty examination between NZ and the European Union on the Exchange of Personal Data between Europol and the Authorities of NZ Competent for Fighting Serious Crime and Terrorism
Live News Feeds (Herald)
- Climate change: Million-dollar study to build local forecasting risk tool
- Couple who used Facebook to find surrogate for baby seek law changes
- Man arrested after Invercargill incident leaves three hurt, one critically
- After 700 earthquakes, what happens next at Taupō supervolcano?
- Arrest made after man dies in alleged hit-and-run in Henderson, Auckland on Friday night
Category: Social Issues
Since Labour came to power in 2017 the number of people relying on welfare has grown significantly, as has the time people spend dependent. This development is due to both political ideology and political incompetence.
Let's be very clear about what the effects of these health reforms will be. The iwi elite will control our health system through a veto right. That means the leaders of multi-billion-dollar private business development corporations will control New Zealand’s health system, and public funds will be allocated on the basis of race.
In this paper Dr Lawrie Knight outlines evidence as to why claims that Maori disparity in health are being caused by systemic racism in the health system are factually wrong, and why continuing with this accusation is preventing the real reasons for the poor health of Māori being clearly identified.
Jacinda Ardern is reminding us, not only that governments cannot be trusted, but of the importance of ensuring democratic safeguards are in place to protect citizens when their governments go bad.
The Government has delayed the introduction of its fraught hate speech law reforms, and there’s strong speculation they’ll remain on ice until after the next election. In fact, they may never see the light of day again.
The political elite in Wellington have misjudged the situation by maligning and dismissing the protesters. Their misrepresentation of those who are standing up for what they believe, will simply harden their resolve, and result in more good Kiwis like Sir Russell Coutts going to Wellington to support a movement that is aimed at ending forced vaccinations and restoring human rights, dignity, and the freedom of choice for New Zealanders.
The loss of freedoms across all of society during the pandemic, specifically lockdowns; shackling, if you will, of healthy people, is unparalleled in human history. Heretofore only infected and contagious people, slaves and criminals, were so shackled. Lockdowns make no sense because they don’t work to stem deaths and cause untold suffering. Untold is the word. As yet there has been no accounting of the suffering. However, it has been massive...
It is traditional to start a new year with a stock-take of the state of the nation. We are now in the middle year of Labour’s three-year Parliamentary term of absolute power. While Jacinda Ardern claims she runs an open and transparent government, we now know that is a lie. Her election-night promise to govern for all New Zealanders, was also a lie...
Renowned psychologist Steven Pinker marked the death of his former teacher New Zealander Michael Corballis with a laudatory tweet. NZ’s Royal Society still hasn’t hasn’t provided an obituary after putting him under investigation for his views on mātauranga Māori.
Under the traffic light system, Jacinda Ardern will take the ‘blame game’ to new heights by dividing New Zealand into two classes of citizens - the vaccinated with superior rights and freedoms, and unvaccinated, relegated to second-class status in their own country.