Welcome to NZCPR.comWelcome to the NZCPR.com website! We hope you find value in our public policy research and commentary. We do not shy away from the tough issues but speak out where ever strong voices are needed. Our firm belief is that informed citizens are at the heart of a well-functioning democracy.
Select Committees invite your input:
- Oversight of Oranga Tamariki System and Children and Young People's Commission Bill
- Budget Policy Statement 2021 (Budget 2022)
- Security Information in Proceedings Legislation Bill
- Palmerston North Reserves Empowering Amendment Bill
- Oranga Tamariki Amendment Bill
- Maniapoto Claims Settlement Bill
- Education and Training Amendment Bill (No 2)
- Accident Compensation (Maternal Birth Injury and Other Matters) Amendment Bill
- Canterbury Regional Council (Ngāi Tahu Representation) Bill
- Māori Purposes Bill
- Inquiry into learning support for ākonga Māori
- International treaty examination of the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on a Communications Procedure
- Three Strikes Legislation Repeal Bill
- Remuneration Authority Legislation Bill
- Incorporated Societies Bill
- Resource Management (Enabling Housing Supply and Other Matters) Amendment Bill
- Data and Statistics Bill
- Human Rights (Disability Assist Dogs Non-Discrimination) Amendment Bill
- Protection of Journalists’ Sources Bill
- Crimes (Child Exploitation Offences) Amendment Bill
- The Real Story Behind Firearms Misinformation
- Aotearoa Legal Workers’ Union Deeply Disappointed By Result In James Gardner-Hopkins Penalty Hearing
- Taumata Arowai Seeks Feedback On New Drinking Water Guidance
- 5000 Hectare Huiarua Station Sale Invites Patagonia Fires To East Coast
- Singh And Smith Top Family Names For Babies In 2021
Live News Feeds (Herald)
- Tonga eruption: Satellite images reveal extent of damage in Pacific nation
- Brian Tamaki in custody: What he can expect as an inmate during the Delta outbreak
- Covid 19: Has NZ dodged another Omicron bullet?
- Maraetai Beach rescuers recall harrowing moment woman was pulled from water
- Tairua Bar tragedy: Family 'inundated' with support as two children remain in hospital
- Weak positive Covid-19 case on the West Coast
- Taranaki man jailed for kidnapping ex, threatening sell her to a gang
- Southland heat set to fizzle out as cooler temperatures loom
- Tonga tsunami: Auckland Council technical experts on standby to help with clean-up
- Covid-19: Brian Tamaki appeals prison stay for alleged bail breach
Category: Social Issues
In this paper, I propose a new model. It states that people from hunting and gathering societies have had a harder time adjusting to industrial society, than people from societies with a long history of urbanism...
New Zealand’s child abuse problem is largely due to the incentives in public policy that encourage children to be born into homes that do not provide them with the stability of two loving parents. Changing those incentives should be the Government’s top priority...
There is something genuinely nauseating about the witch hunt that removed Grainne Moss from the head of this state entity. Naida Glavish salivating on TV about her exit; the sight of those middle-class Maori Dames fulminating against a Pakeha trying to do the right thing...
On behalf of the New Zealand Centre for Political Research I would like to thank you for your wonderful interest and support over the last 12 months - and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!
This result is a bombshell. Essentially it means the huge sacrifices New Zealanders made during the lockdown had little impact on the virus because it was imposed after our infections had peaked - Labour’s response was too late!
There are at least two grounds for concern about the New Zealand strategy. First, the people making decisions are the same ones who botched the preparation for the arrival of Covid-19 and so there is little reason to have faith in the wisdom of their choices...
To date our politicians have not explained how they think New Zealand can “live” with Covid-19. Most seem to think a vaccine will ‘save’ us, but with few experts suggesting that is realistic, we await their policy releases with interest!
New Zealand is lauded as the perfect example of how to crush the virus, but would anyone be surprised if it too has to pay the price somewhere down the line? Four new cases locked down the 1.6 million inhabitants of Auckland in a monstrously excessive overreaction...
The ‘by Maori, for Maori, with Maori’ separatist “solution” that’s being proposed is sinister. It not only fails to address the real cause of the child abuse crisis, but it also fails to even acknowledge it. The real problem is not the government agency - nor institutional racism or colonisation - but family members threatening the safety of their children.
At its core, the Indigenous child welfare system is broken because so many Indigenous families are broken. Until this is recognized and confronted, it will be impossible to make progress. Blaming colonialism or other past injustices is a triumph of the victim narrative that will put more Indigenous children at risk.