Welcome to NZCPR.comWelcome to the NZCPR.com website! We hope you find value in our public policy research and commentary. We do not shy away from the tough issues but speak out where ever strong voices are needed. Our firm belief is that informed citizens are at the heart of a well-functioning democracy.
Select Committees invite your input:
- Inquiry into the 2017 General Election and 2016 Local Elections
- Misuse of Drugs Amendment Bill
- Financial Markets (Derivatives Margin and Benchmarking) Reform Amendment Bill
- Social Security (Winter Energy Payment) Amendment Bill
- Taxation (Annual Rates for 2019–20, GST Offshore Supplier Registration, and Remedial Matters) Bill
- Regulatory Systems (Economic Development) Amendment (No 2) Bill
- Regulatory Systems (Housing) Amendment Bill (No 2)
- Regulatory Systems (Workforce) Amendment Bill (No 2)
- National Disaster Resilience Strategy
- New Zealand Māori Arts and Crafts Institute Vesting Bill
- Budget Policy Statement 2019
- Copyright (Marrakesh Treaty Implementation) Amendment Bill
- Local Electoral Matters Bill
- Health (Drinking Water) Amendment Bill
- Criminal Cases Review Commission Bill
- Fire and Emergency New Zealand (Levy) Amendment Bill
- Taxation (Research and Development Tax Credits) Bill
- Petition of Ross McComish - Ensure proper consultation before the name of a university is changed
- Dog Control (Category 1 Offences) Amendment Bill
- Taxation (Annual Rates for 2018-19, Modernising Tax Administration, and Remedial Matters) Bill
Live News Feeds (Herald)
- Tararua Muslim community surrounded by love at church vigil for Christchurch mosque victims
- Housing NZ didn't evict a single tenant in Hawke's Bay in 2018, despite 578 complaints
- Giant Ngāwhā swamp kauri log dated to 40,500 years old
- Mosques around country open doors as New Zealand unites in grief ahead of mass burial
- Islamophobia in New Zealand: where does it come from?
- Sonny Bill Williams arrives in Christchurch, praises support for Muslim community
- How hate ran riot on the the internet following the Christchurch mosque shootings
- Christchurch shooting: 'Just accept us as we are, ordinary'
- Finding our collective voice to ensure light, not darkness, always triumphs
- Christchurch shooting: Dignity and acts of kindness will always win through
Cannabis is clearly a very dangerous drug. It causes cancer, lung disease, psychosis, and can lead to the onset of schizophrenia. It is highly addictive and can become a gateway to hard drugs. In addition it causes impairment that can result in accidents, hospitalisation, or death.
New Zealand has one of the highest reported rates of cannabis use, with about three-quarters of New Zealanders having tried cannabis by the age of 25, and nearly 10% cannabis-dependent by this age.